HOW MUCH DOES VINYL SIDING INSTALLATION COST?
Whether you’re looking to spruce up your current home or pricing out the cost to complete new housing, vinyl siding may be an important cost to factor in and we’ve done the research for you. Vinyl siding is the plastic panels on the exterior of a house and typically costs $7-$8 per square foot on average but can be found as low as $3 or as high as $13 per square foot varying due to the quality of the material you choose.
Depending on the size of the home you need to have covered will affect the overall cost for this service. The general cost for material for vinyl siding is about $3.50 per square foot with the added cost of labor to install it running at roughly $3.75 or more depending on the company.
BREAKDOWN OF HOUSE SIDING COST:
The total cost for a vinyl siding project can be expected to look as follows:
1000 SQ FT AVG 4,700 RANGE 3,000-5,000
1250 SQ FT AVG 5,750 RANGE 3,750-6,250
1800 SQ FT AVG 6,700 RANGE 5,400-8,000
2250 SQ FT AVG 7,950 RANGE 6,750-9,100
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO REPLACE EXISTING VINYL SIDING?
Depending on whether you’re replacing only a small damaged section or the entire vinyl siding on a house will determine the total cost. At the average cost of material and labor being $7-$8 (we’ll call it 7.50) and say you need to replace the siding on 350 square feet, it would cost on average $2,625.
UPCHARGES AND ADDITIONAL SERVICES
- Insulation: Vinyl siding can come with or without insulation. Insulated siding can cost typically between $4-$14 installed (for the product and installation). When including insulation with siding it may cost a few more dollars per square foot in the long run it can help with savings from heating and cooling throughout the year.
- Vinyl siding over brick: You can technically place vinyl siding over brick but since brick is not completely flat and smooth like what vinyl is typically installed on it may cost a little more.
- Vinyl siding removal before application – this can cost anywhere between $1,000-3,000 or $0.25 to $0.75 per square foot of old vinyl siding.
- Various vinyl siding styles may have an upcharge such as horizontal, vertical, clapboard, and dutch-lap.
Finding a reputable and reliable company to perform a vinyl siding service on your home is important to achieve beautiful results that will last a long time. Below we have a list of some of the top vinyl siding companies in the United States to compare pricing and rates!
- Owens Corning – With headquarters located in Toledo, Ohio, and averaging about 10,000+ employees they offer quality services including vinyl siding, roofing, and insulation.
- Georgia Pacific – Their headquarters are located in Atlanta, Georgia. Georgia Pacific is bringing in an estimated annual revenue of $22.5 billion from servicing their customers with their manufactured vinyl siding, building products, roofing, painting, and home consumer products.
- Alside – Located in Akron, Ohio with an estimate of 1,000-5,000 employees Alside is excellently servicing their customers through vinyl siding, vinyl windows, fencing, railing products, and more.
- Vytec – Claremont, North Caroline is the home of Vytec’s headquarters. With an estimate of 50-100 employees, they are happily servicing customers with their manufactured vinyl siding and accessories since 1962.
- Ply Gem – With headquarters located in Cary, North Carolina, Ply Gem is servicing customers with nearly 10,000 employees. They provide manufactured vinyl siding, metal accessories, windows, and other residential exterior products.
Finding a quality siding company is a decision you need to feel great about and these are just a few of the exceptional companies you can choose from when pricing out a vinyl siding project.